As web browsers save tiny files onto your computer when you visit websites, clearing your cache is highly recommended after you have finished browsing our site to help maintain security of your personal browsing data.
See instructions below for clearing your cache as well as browsing in private mode.
Clearing your Cache
- Click on the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
- Select More Tools
- Select Clear browsing data
- A dialogue window will appear, providing you with a list of checkboxes for the types of information that you wish to have removed. You can also set how far back in your browsers history you wish to have removed. Once, you have selected the types of information you wish to remove, click Clear browsing data
- Close all browser windows and restart Chrome.
- Click on the menu button and select Options
- Select the Advanced panel
- Click on the Network tab
- In the Cached Web Content section click Clear Now
- Click ok to exit
- Restart Firefox.
- Launch your Internet Explorer browser
- Click Safety on the menu toolbar at the top right of the browser. Or click on Tools, then Internet Options, and finally Delete in the Browsing History Section. If the Tools option is not showing press the Alt key on your keyboard
- Click Delete Browsing History from the drop-down menu.
- Deselect Preserve Favorites website data
- Select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History
- Click Delete
- Close all browser windows and restart Internet Explorer.
Private Browsing Mode
In order to browse more securely without the storing of any data. We recommend you browse using the private mode.
- Click the Chrome menu on your computer browser toolbar or touch Menu on your mobile device
- Select New Incognito Window (computer) or New incognito tab (mobile).
- A new window will open with the incognito icon
- Click on menu
- Select New Private Window
- Click on Tools (if tools is not showing on your Internet Explorer Browser window press the ‘Alt’ tab on your keyboard)
- Select InPrivate Browsing